Okay ya'll, I have some big news! Okay it's not that big but it was pretty exciting to us. We had a guy come out to the house to measure for our new kitchen cabinets!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to calm down but seriously, it's almost been 3yrs that I have lived on the porch. I'm ready for a real kitchen! We used this picture to show the guy the kind of cabinet doors and drawers we wanted, how we wanted the vent hood to look (which is covered up by my silly wording) and the over all style we were going for. We'll paint them white and put in black counter tops (probably granite but possibly soap stone). We were going to go a little lighter on the floor stain but I think now we have decided to go darker, similar to the picture. We had to decide what kind of drawers and doors would go where, where to put the microwave, the spice rack and stuff like that. Definately the most fun we've had so far during this process. It will take about a week for them to give us the estimate and then about 4-5 weeks to build everything. So in between now and then we have to insulate and sheet rock (which we'll have a crew do) and put down the wood floor (which H will do & I'll assist, of course). We still have a few things to do before we can insulate and sheet rock (the story of my life) but we should be ready in a couple of weeks. You know, lately I have felt like I've lost a little bit of hope in things but truly it's the journey and the waiting that makes you a stronger person. And for that I am grateful.

0 comments: