Making Progress

So WE worked on the house this weekend and yes, I helped too! It was great. I really don't mind the work that much. It's more that I feel like I don't have the know how or the muscles to do it. But this weekend I got to scrape the rest of the popcorn ceilings! Yippee! I had already done the downstairs (like 2 years ago) but I still hadn't done the upstairs. There are only two bedrooms and a very small 1/2 bath upstairs. I found a couple of my old magazine clippings that I saved as some inspiration for the upstairs. We won't have a tub up there and I'm not sure that I am going with pale blue but for sure the trim will be white and there will be a pedestal sink. Our favorite part is that we're putting wood on the ceilings like in the pictures.

Scraping the popcorn ceilings is really simple. First I sprayed a section of the ceiling with a water/Diff (wallpaper remover) mixture.


Then I just scraped away!

Here is a before and after shot.


Now we just have to pull up the brown carpet. I will be really sad to see it go. Not really. Underneath the beautiful brown carpet is old wood flooring! BUT, Houston says we will really regret it if we have wood up there because someday when we having little munchkins running around (above our bedroom) it will be really loud. So we're going with carpet, not brown though!

Houston always works really hard on the weekends trying to get things done. Lately I have been slacking off a bit. I think I just get in a slump because it seems like we have so far to go. I tell Houston all the time that I can't wait until we're done. But this weekend I really realized that he feels all the pressure to finish the house. I felt really bad for not helping more and repeatedly saying how badly I want to be finished. I'm going to try to up my game and be a better help to my amazing husband.

0 comments: